Man City’s winning streak continued with infallible success

Manchester City took another step to the Premier League title, scoring the 12th consecutive win on his account. The Rangers won 2-1 against Southampton in the clash between the two teams in the 14th round. The success of the hosts of Etihad came only in the 6th minute of the added time, and the great hero was Rahim Stirling, who was the author of the winning shot. Prior to this, City led Kevin de Bourget in 47 minutes, but Oriol Romeu equalized in the 75th minute. The hosts made a bunch of flaws in the game, goalkeeper Fraser Forster was marked by several brilliant saves, but in the end he was helpless in the winning shot of Stirling.

Jos├ęp Guardiola, in this match of Sergio Aguero, Gabriel Jezeus and Rahim Stirling in the top position. In the middle of the pitch, Ilkay Gundogan, Kevin de Bourget and Fernandinho acted.

The guests went out with Nathan Redmond and Shane Long in attack. The trio in the middle of the pitch was built by Mario Lemina, Oriol Romeu and Pierre-Emil Hoyberg.

The first straight shot in the match was Fabian Delf in the third minute, but he did not make a stunning Fraser Forster.

In the 13th minute Fernandinho did not score a long shot, which was dangerously close to the beam but still out.

Two minutes later, Foster was under fire but showed a great reflex. First he replied a heavy blow to Rahim Stirling, and then Gobriel Jesse attempted an add-on, but again the guard was brilliant and kept his door.

In the 20th minute came the next position before the door of the “The Light”, again Forster was the last barrier to the goal after a great shot of Fernandinho. In the ensuing corner, the ball was centered on Nicholas Otamendi, who headed for a great pass and sent the ball over the crossbar.

In the 24th minute and shot of Sergio Aguero was saved by Forster, and in the attempt to add Ilkay Gundogan sent the ball into the net, but on the outside.

In the 33rd minute Southampton created its first goal opportunity. Mario Lemina flipped Vincent Compani into the penalty box and fired at the nearby corner, but Ederson was careful and rescued. In the subsequent corner, the ball was dropped by Virginie van Dyke to Maya Yoshida, who detected it from the traffic but over the crossbar.

In the 47th minute, Southampton’s fortress cracked. Kevin de Bourgeone pointedly fired a low shot from one defender the keeper, and the ball went just a little wide. Initially, there was doubt about Virgil van Dyke’s own goal, but the attack was subsequently recorded in the name of the Belgian. Only a minute later the result could be doubled, but a shot of Jezeus crossed dangerously past the door.

In the 54th minute Ilkay Gundogan attempted a long shot, which was not far from the target. In the next few minutes, Forster was again the hero of the guests with two magnificent rescues after striking Jezeus closely and De Bourne from the border of the penalty area.

And again, Forster scored another rescue in the 68th minute. Fernandinho made a powerful blow from the pennant’s edge, and the guards once again brilliantly intervened.

In the 71st minute Van Dyke rose after cornering from a corner and shot his head but over the door. In the 75th minute, however, the visitors managed to get back into the match. Cornering from the corner found Sophie Bufal uncovered in the penalty area, he fanned Fabian Delft and returned to Oriol Romeu, who without delay sent the ball into the net.

In the added time of the game, Manchester City came to second goal through Rahim Stirling, but it was not met because of Fernandinho’s defeat against Forster. But then Stirling became a hero for his team. He received the ball in front of the penalty area, adjusted his ball and with a fearful blow in the far corner of the door scored the winning goal for the final 2: 1.

So Manchester City collected 40 points and returned the lead of 8 ahead of Manchester United. Southampton remains 11th with 16 points in its assets.