The New Year brought a new chance to Manchester United

The new year started excellent for Manchester United. The Red Devils finally put an end to their negative series of 4 consecutive games without winning in all the tournaments after they beat Everton 2-0 at Goodison Park at a 22nd round of the Premier League. Although without much injured and punished players, the guests were the better team on the pitch and deservedly set off with three points after Antoni Marcial’s 57th goal and Jesse Lingdard in the 81st minute.

The hosts started with Umar Niasse at the top of the attack, and former United Wayne Rooney’s striker was behind him. Both Nikola Vlasic and Yannick Blassey operated on both wings.

For guests in the role of a central striker, Antoni Marciail, who was backed by Paul Pogba, Jesse Linggard and Juan Mata in the top positions, was launched.

The meeting started with two doubts about the hosts. In the 4th minute, Wayne Rooney attempted a long shot, and he stepped away from the defender’s body and walked away from the door. In the subsequent corner, Mason Holgate fired his head but over the crossbar.

In the 18th minute, Tom Davis attempted a long shot, but he did not reach the door because of a ricochet in the defender’s body.

In the 24th minute, Umar Niassay took advantage of Phil Jones’s mistake, took the ball in front of the penalty area and advanced to the door, but at the last moment Marcos Rojo’s interference prevented the striker from finding the result.

A minute later, Phil Jones fired Everton’s door, but without much success, and then Rohho had the chance to shoot his head after a corner, but did not hurt Jordan Pickford.

In the 34th minute, Ander Erera made the most dangerous shot so far as the ball went dangerously close to the crossbar. In the 38th minute, Paul Pogba kicked a good 25-meter throw, his shot flickering to the beam.

Manchester United stepped up the pressure and in the 41st minute Jessie Linggard advanced to speed and landed, but he did not find the outline again.

The second half started with a new chance for the guests. Juan Matta fired a dangerous shot from the border of the penalty area, and Pickford had to intervene resolutely to keep his door. In the 51st minute the Spaniard again tested the goalkeeper’s reflexes with a powerful kick, but again Pickford was in place.

At the 57th minute, the superiority of the Red Devils was materialized. Wayne Rooney erred in the half of the guests who immediately organized the counterattack. Paul Pugba found Antony Marcial in front of the penalty area and he scored a very technical blow for 0: 1.

In the 63rd minute, Pogba was close to a second goal. He released himself into the pennant and made a strong punch, but Pickford was again in the right place to save.

In the 70th minute Everton came to his best chance in the game. Umar Niase got on the on the end of that poor clearance by the defense and calmly chested the ball down and struck it just wide.

In the 78th minute, Jesse Linggard was delighted in the Pugba Penalty Field and struck the ground, but again, Pickford with brilliant interference kept the score unchanged. Three minutes later, however, the host’s guard was overcame for the second time. Linggard was allowed to advance to the limit of the penalty and with a powerful blow hit the ball unreachable in the net for 0: 2.

After this success, Manchester United at least temporarily regained 2nd place in the ranking with a total of 47 points. Everton is on the 9th position with 27 points and 4 consecutive matches without success on his account.